– So we’re going up the
California coast right now to try the best, coolest
cheese in California. The amount that I actually know about this is almost zero percent. And I just said yes without
knowing what it meant. We’re driving up the coast, we’re about to eat crazy
quantities of cheese in three days. Woo, I just walked outside the gas station and this is what Liz
is doing. Why? (laughs) – Cause when you sit for so long you have to work your legs. [Ashley] Can you do a
handstand right now? Do it. So, we’re about to pull up to
Stepladder Ranch what’s the deal with this place?
– [Liz] First one! So this is a small goat farm. It’s one of the last remaining ones. And, they make this cheese with beer that I really want to try. – Ready to eat some cheese, cheese! – Let’s eat some cheese! – Wow, this is crazy! – It’s stinky, in a good way though. – It’s like when you open up
a container of mozzarella. – It’s like a little bit like a fart. We’re a little excited. Wow, could have been a cheese
maiden in my other life. You look like you were
meant to be a cheese maiden. What’s that for? – This is a cheese trier so we’re going to take it into the aging
room and try it out. – It looks like something
– Looks like an eye gouge – you use to dissect a human body – This is both my dreams and my nightmares – [Liz] This is crazy. – [Worker] Basically this
guy’s about a year old so this is one of our wheels
of cloth-bound cheddar. – [Liz] Oh my god. – If I were drunk I would
do this all the time. – [Worker] Drinking and
cheese is dangerous. (wows) – Cheers.
– Here we go. – Oh my god, cheese is
so fucking good, dude. Like you look at that and
you’re like that’s disgusting and then you eat this
you’re like that’s amazing. – [Worker] One thing
better than beer and cheese is beer and cheese.
– [Ashley] Yeah together. – This is our Riley Run, we’ll wash it, and the Libertines stays on Once you add the beer to it,
it really brings the funk out. A little stinky a little fruity. All kinds of stuff like that
– [Ashley] Just like Liz. – Thank you. – Ooh.
– Ooh, did you get the rind? There’s so much of that
beer taste at the end. – I can totally see it like
mixed into a grilled cheese or on some mac and cheese, like mmmm. – [Ashley] On the
ultimate cheese road trip. – [Liz] This is literally the
ultimate cheese road trip. – When you first said
ultimate cheese road trip I didn’t think about how many farms and how much cow poop it would involve. – Yeah. – I was thinking we would stop at nice cheese shops, a couple whole foods, we’re like out in the boondocks. – We’re doing it real. We are going to a cheese-making class. – [Ashley] There’s like literally
a cow outside your window. – [Liz] I know. – This is a cheese that
we’re making today. This is Broncha. Broncha, again, is a blend
of both goat and cow’s milk. – [Ashley] It smells great in here. It smells stinky and amazing.
– [Liz] Super stinky, but it’s delicious. – We’re about to dip in this lemon kefir, Liz is chomping at the bit. – Whoa. – Yeah, wait, that is amazing. – We have a blend of
both goat and cow’s milk. – Have you ever just like
taken a bath in this? – I dream of doing this. (laughing) He’ll add the rennet, stir it in, within 20 minutes it’ll be completely
gelled up like a jello. – You can smell the creaminess of it. – Yeah. – We’re gonna leave it completely undisturbed for at least 20 minutes. (folk music) – Pull it straight. – Oh, it’s thick. – [Ashley] Wow, it is. Oh, I see. – We’re gonna touch it. – It looks like tofu, to me. Oh, it’s warm. – You’re gonna scoop up some curds. Elizabeth, come on. – Oh, I’m scared. – It’s like gold-digging. – Got it.
– So, this is just water, – Whey.
– Like, extra water. – Yep, it’s whey. – So, this is, from start to finish, we’ve made cheese, now. – We made cheese. – Yay. – Cheers! – [Whole Group] Cheese! (laughing) – [Liz] Love it. We are heading up to Point Reyes Creamery. So, I know how much you love bleu cheese. – I do love bleu cheese. – I hate bleu cheese. – (laughing) Are they
known for bleu cheese? – They have great bleu cheese, yes. – Oh my god. I’m pretty sure bleu cheese
is made with penicillin, like actual medicine. – That doesn’t surprise me, because that’s what it tastes like. – My name is (mumbles). We are in Point Reyes
Farmstead Cheese Company and we’ll be tasting our cheeses today. – Great, so what is this one called? – This one is Toma. – Oh, it’s very soft. – You know, basically
when you taste cheese, you want to smell it. – Mmmm. – You can see that the
texture is very elastic. So you will have a texture of kind of a very creamy havarti. And Bay Blue, actually is, I like to call it a gateway blue cheese. – If I try this, then in theory, I’ll be able to like blue cheese. Just put a lot of honey on it. – Cheers. – Cheers. – I like bleu cheese. – I think I could actually
finish this bite but, that’s probably only the first
bleu cheese I’ve ever eaten that I’ve ever liked, so. – [Ashley] This is first
favorite bleu cheese. This is the Marin French Cheese company, and they have a beautiful little lake by their creamery.
– It’s lovely. – Have we had enough
cheese yet today, Ashley? – (laughs) Oh my God,
we’ve had so much cheese. People keep asking me where we’ve been, and I have no idea. Cheese. – Cheese. – Stop eating it! – It’s good. – I’m sharing a hotel
room with Liz tonight– – I’m gonna burp cheese on you all night.
– And oh my God. – Liz literally just said to me–
– While we shit. – I need a vegetable. I haven’t even been pooping. – We just got back in
the car after dinner, and we immediately rolled down the windows because it smells like a thousand farts. – It smells like an asshole. – So, we are driving up to the farm, and we just saw a bunch
of freaking buffalo. Those are not cows. – Just thought we’d switch
it up a little bit today. – Cheese adventure. – [Worker] We’re gonna move
them over to the street pasture, so they can have breakfast. – Great, how do we get down there? – ATV. – Hold on Liz! – What’s happening? (screaming) – [Ashley] Oh my God, look at all of them. – So, there basically just
gonna come across here, and go over there for lunch. Let’s go get lunch! – They look like I do when I want lunch. – This is so much like
lunch at our office. – Here we go. – We’re gonna milk water buffalo. (laughing) – These are water buffalo,
they are from Southeast Asia. – [Worker] So pinch. – I can’t do it. – [Ashley] You can do it. – [Liz] It’s like scratching your head and rubbing your belly. – [Liz] I did it! – There you go, you got it out. – [Liz] You did it! – [Worker] There you go. – That’s how you milk
the buffalo. (laughs) – Oh, she just snorted. (buffalo crying) – [Ashley] Cheers.
– Cheese. – This is a lady made cheese, I love it. (laughing) – Oh my goodness. The other cheeses we’ve been eating, we’ve kinda want them
paired with something, but I feel like mozzarella’s
one that it’s better fresher with just a little bit on it. – I can really taste the
freshness in it, too. It feels like it was just made recently. – It was just made. What I’ve gotten from this is that buffalo make incredible cheese, but they’re amazing animals. – It was amazing. I thought it was really cool
to see how the cheese was made, and we tasted a lot of great
cheese, but I think like all great things–
– Our car smells lie farts – Everything in moderation. You just fucked up my last line. – Cheese road trip! – Yeah! – Oh my God. No more dairy on our
next road trip, please.