– You ever see somebody
eat something so good that they turn into a shaman? – I’m just curious is it, is it gonna taste salty? – I guess I’m completing the authenticity of my blackness today. – Not bad, but it’s not like super flavorful, either. – Flavor’s good, though. I mean, not too much seasoning going on. Not bland. It’s like, right in the middle. – It tastes soulful. – I’m sorry, I miss ham so much. I don’t eat ham a lot, but when I get it, I’m like, “Oh, ham! “I missed you, friend.” – This is really good. You got some more I can take home? – This smells great. It looks great. – It like, melted, right when it hit my tongue, so that’s a good sign, something really good. – You know, collards take
so damn long to like, rinse. Oh. You gotta clean collards right. – Did you say coloreds? – Collards. – Even when given the scraps, like, Black people know
how to make a dollar out of 15 cents. – Oh, like hip hop? – Oh, yeah. – Uh, it’s a foot. It’s a legit foot.
– [Woman] It’s so fatty, ugh! – Suck on the feet, you know? – Yeah, suck it. That’s the way you eat soul food. – This is so gummy. – Mm-mm. – I’m not feeling this at all. – I like it. – This looks so f-(bleep) good. – This is like the Black
person’s, like, cup of noodles, when you in college. It’s grits.
– [Man in Red] Yeah. – I don’t know. They’re all right. – Mm-mm. – Sugar on grits, by itself. – I do salt and butter, not sugar. That’s disgusting. Eat Cream of Wheat, you crazy people. – Oh. – It’s warm! – Wow. – It’s so good. – It reminds me of a toaster strudel. I mean, this is 10 times
better than that, but like– – Hell, yeah. – This is the only dish that you put out that I feel compelled to finish. – I’m sweating. – My god, she’s sweating. – My boobs are
– [Man] She’s getting, like, sweating.
– [Man] hot flashes. – Whoever’s momma made this– – This pleases the lip. – Does she got a daughter? – Definitely important. This reminds me of, like, my family, and like, community.
– [Woman] Yeah. – [Man] Like, I might make
a phone call after this. – When you’re able to eat somebody’s food, that you know they’ve put love into, it’s kind of like, what, communication. – Soul food is good sh-(bleep), man. It’s amazing. This is definitely like the, how Big Mama died in Soul Food, got her foot cut off? – It’s too soon. – Might as well, you lost your foot. Almost burned down the house. – I can’t eat this.